Shamrock Park Development
Portadown FC are excited to announce the plans for the upgrade and enhancement of Shamrock Park as we reach the next stage of the process to cementing Shamrock Park and Portadown FC in the heart of the local community.
The proposals are to facilitate the upgrading of Shamrock Park to include replacement of existing spectator stand, new training facilities to be contained with Dome structure, relocation of existing grass pitch and floodlighting, provision of business/incubation and community space and other ancillary works.
- The existing spectator 800 seater stand located towards the western boundary of the site is to be replaced with a 1046 seater stand. The total number of spectator seating in the stadium would be 3814. An increase of 246 seats.
- The existing training area towards the northern boundary of the site is to be replaced with a state-of-the-art training facility, contained within a dome structure. The new training facilities would be open to the wider community, including schools and others. An existing access off Fitzgerald Park would be utilised to access the training facilities.
- Slight relocation of existing grass pitch north, to be upgraded to a 3G playing pitch
- Relocation of floodlights where necessary
- Inclusion of business/incubation and community space including within the ground of the new spectator stand
- Upgraded turnstiles
26th April 2023 | 5pm – 8pm
On the above date, we are inviting residents and any stakeholders in the redevelopment of Shamrock Park to come along to the Clubrooms to discuss the plans, give feedback and ask any questions about the process and progress of the project. We would love to hear your feedback. If you cant make the event, please take a few minutes to complete the short survey below so we can hear from you.
How Can You Help?
We have implemented a Development Patron Scheme where we are asking stakeholders to commit to a small amount each month that will push the project on, helping us to reach gain some momentum as the project reaches a critical stage. CLICK HERE for more information.
We would love to hear your thoughts on the project, please take a few minutes to complete the below survey: