Portadown are back in Playr-Fit Championship action tomorrow (Sat 7 October) when we face Dundela at Shamrock Park (Kick off 3pm).
Portadown come into the game off the back of a 4-1 win over Coagh United in the BetMcLean Cup on Tuesday evening while Dundela were knocked out by Premier Intermediate side Limavady United. In league matters Portadown were 2-1 winners over Ards last Saturday while Dundela beat Institute 2-1 at the Brandywell.
So far this season Dundela have an identical league record to Portadown, played 9, won 6 and lost 3. Two of Dundela’s three league defeats this season have come in their last three games.
The last time the two clubs met competively was back in November 2019 at Wilgar Park with the game ending 1-1, an Adam Salley penalty rescuing a point for the Ports in a game that was remembered for a world class save from Bobby Edwards. For the last meeting at Shamrock Park between the clubs it’s back in September 2019 and a 2-0 win for Portadown with goals from Paddy McNally & Lee Bonis.
Dundela’s last win at Shamrock Park came back in October 2018 and a thumping 4-0 win over Matthew Tipton’s men. In the last five games between the clubs Portadown have 3 wins with the Duns having one and the two sides playing out the previously referred to 1-1 draw in November 2019.
Of course Dundela will need no introduction to the Portadown management team with Niall Currie along with his backroom team of Cliffy Adams and John McAllister leaving their posts at Wilgar Park in October 2022 to take the reigns at Shamrock Park, Lee Chapman, Chris Rodgers and Eoghan McCawl all followed Niall Currie from Dundela to Portadown in the January transfer window.
On tomorrows game Niall Currie commented
The games are coming fast and plenty now, so we’re we’re able to get some desperately needed minutes into a few of the boys who haven’t been getting much game time.
We are still without Dougie Wilson but Chris Rodgers returned to training on Thursday night so fingers crossed he can come through unscathed.
We’re in a good place at the moment and welcome a very strong and experienced Dundela team with a lot of familiar faces to myself and Cliff and John so I look forward to seeing a few boys again but as per usual we will focus on trying to be the best we can be knowing that will always give us a great chance of winning games.
Officials | Michael McKenna, Octavian George Neacsu & Aaron Graham
Admission | £8 Adult, £5 Concession & Primary School Kids – £1 | Online tickets available at portadownfc.co.uk/pfc-tickets/ & cash gate available | Bar facilities, hot food vendor & tuck shop available
We Are Ports TV LIVE live stream | www.portstv.com
- Match Sponsor – McBurney Transport group | https://www.mcburneytransportgroup.com/
- Match Ball Sponsor | Richard Newell & Matty Best
- PSS Man of the Match Sponsor – Bobbie Harrison
- Mascots – Bradley Weaving (age 11) & his favourite player is Paul McElroy, Lewis Weaving (age 11) and his favourite is also Paul McElroy while we also have Arthur McDonald (age 6) whose favourite player is Dale Montgomery.
Last 5 Head to Heads
- Saturday 30 November 2019 – Dundela 1 (Kane) Portadown 1 (Salley)
- Saturday 7 September 2019 – Portadown 2 (McNally, Bonis) Dundela 0
- Saturday 30 March 2019 – Dundela 2 (McNicholl x2) Portadown 0
- Saturday 26 January 2019 – Portadown 3 (Thompson, Duke, Lavery) Dundela 2 (McNicholl, McMaster)
- Tuesday 27 November 2018 – Dundela 2 (McMaster, McComb) Portadown 3 (Salley x2, Lavery)