Ports in the News
- Danske Bank Premiership as it happened on Saturday
It turned into an eventful afternoon in the top flight with goals and red cards galore
- McNally confident Portadown will step up to the mark once again
Matthew Tipton's side kicked off their Premiership return with a derby win last week - next up it's Coleraine at Shamrock Park
- Matthew Tipton won't pressure young Portadown stars by setting goals
Beaming Portadown boss Matthew Tipton insists he will not set his team any early targets even though they got their Danske Bank Premiership campaign off to the best possible start by winning at rivals Glenavon last week.
- Portadown can cause a few shocks back in the Premiership, says Paddy McNally
Paddy McNally believes Portadown can make an impact on their return to the Premiership by turning last season's scenario on its head.
- Matthew Tipton: Mid-Ulster derby clash with Glenavon is perfect start to get Portadown's juices flowing again
After three years outside of the Premiership, Portadown will return with a bang - and manager Matthew Tipton is licking his lips at the prospect.
- Portadown defender Paddy McNally scoops Player of Year prize as considered gamble pays off
Paddy McNally has revealed how a gamble paid off after having his performances in Portadown's successful promotion campaign rewarded with the NI Football Awards Bluefin Sport Championship Player of the Year.
- Portadown star Dane McCullough seals Premier League transfer after inspiration from Northern Ireland international cousin Luke
Portadown record-breaker Dane McCullough says it's a dream come true to follow his cousin Luke into professional football.
- How can Manchester City be both guilty and innocent of the same offence? Just ask Big Ronnie McFall....
Assaulting a match official is the most serious offence you can commit on a football field.
- Luke Wilson: Whatsapp reveal hasn't stolen Portadown's long-awaited promotion joy
When and where he gets his hands on the trophy doesn't matter.
- Linfield win battle as NIFL call in outside help to decide final table
The Northern Ireland Football League are set to confirm today that the final league placings in the Irish Premiership will be determined by an independent panel which should see Linfield enter the Champions League next season and Coleraine play in the Europa League.
- 'Have we wasted eight months of our lives?': Portadown boss Matthew Tipton says points must mean prizes
Portadown manager Matthew Tipton has accepted the season looks over but feels an abandoned campaign with no promotion would leave everyone at the club wondering why they have wasted eight months of their lives.
- 'It's like a death': Legend of the 1994 'cut-throat' derby between title-chasing Glenavon and Portadown lives on
“History books will record Saturday April 30, 1994 as the day of the most incredible finale to an Irish League season…”