Ports in the News
- Feed has no items.
- Irish League Lives: How Jim Smyth spent 18 months out of the game in a bid to leave Portadown before Glentoran rescued his career
Coming from east Belfast, it was Jim Smyth's dream to play for Glentoran.
- Crusaders' honest chat paved path to redemption after Glenavon low, says Stephen Baxter
How do you get up from an all-time low? Boy band The Wanted couldn't find the answer in their No.1 hit a decade ago. It seems, however, that Crusaders have.
- Portadown sink Dungannon Swifts in Mid-Ulster derby
Portadown moved up to eighth in the table as they claimed a convincing win over Dungannon in this Mid-Ulster derby.
- 'On what planet do they think it's good for players?': Portadown boss Matthew Tipton blasts protocols keeping players outside at half-time
Portadown boss Matthew Tipton fears that there will be a spate of injuries through the winter months unless player welfare is considered alongside coronavirus protocols.
- Matthew Tipton: I was an idiot for criticising coronavirus-hit Portadown after their recent defeats
Matthew Tipton issued a public apology to his Portadown players a week after declaring that he was 'embarrassed' watching them lose 5-0 to Cliftonville.
- Why Portadown's slip to bottom of the league is no cause for panic, explains Matthew Tipton
Matthew Tipton has advised everyone associated with Portadown to pay no heed to the calendar after a perfect storm of misfortune contributed to them slipping to the bottom of the Danske Bank Premiership.
- Michael Smith bags a hat-trick as Carrick Rangers smash Portadown to get first win
Michael Smith hit his first senior hat-trick as Carrick Rangers turned on the style to break their duck and inflict a first away defeat on Portadown.
- 'Don't be that team that plays well against Linfield': Matthew Tipton issues rallying cry to 'coming of age' Portadown
Matthew Tipton has declared that he won't allow Portadown's performance level to change depending on the opposition.
- Portadown defends players after Warrenpoint goal celebration
Portadown FC has said it is "extremely disappointed with comments relating to the celebration" of a weekend goal.
- Matthew Tipton won't pressure young Portadown stars by setting goals
Beaming Portadown boss Matthew Tipton insists he will not set his team any early targets even though they got their Danske Bank Premiership campaign off to the best possible start by winning at rivals Glenavon last week.